I've been tagged by Cath for one of the current meme trends making the blog rounds. So here goes:
Four jobs you have had in your life:
-Shoe sales ~ HATED it but a girl has to earn minimum wage some how during her school years.
- Public relations/marketing guru ~ Sometimes I was both, sometimes just one. All depends on who you asked at the time.
- Freelance reporter/writer ~ The title changes based on the publication. I've been considered both although my lazy butt hasn't done much about it in a long time.
- Mom ~ This one is my favorite. :)
Four movies you would watch over and over:
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington ~ I first saw this in one of my PoliSci classes in college. We had to watch it again for a film class I took two years later. The second time around just confirmed that I could watch it over and over and over.
- Princess Bride ~ A group of us started in on the habit in High School and to this day that silly little movie can always make me smile. "Have fun storming the castle!"
- Sixth Sense ~ I'm a sucker for movies that catch me off guard. This one did and became one of my favorites because of it. It no longer surprises, obviously, but I always feel like I see something new in it each time I watch it.
- Hamlet ~ Truth is I don't even care which film version. I adore Shakespeare and this is my favorite of his plays.
Four places you have lived:
- Well if I listed towns you'd know exactly where I lived, and I'm not going to give that much away. ;) I've lived in three separate towns in New Jersey, all three at the shore.
- During my college years I lived (school year only) in a small town just outside of Philadelphia.
Four TV shows you love to watch:
I'm so very much out of the loop on TV shows. I hardly watch anything any more that isn't a cartoon. Of course, that said, I do have a few I can list.
- Re-runs of Seinfeld ~ they never get old. Even when I know a joke is coming, it still cracks me up. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
- Little House on the Prairie ~ I know at least one or two LIW fans that will roll their eyes and groan (Hi there! You know who you are.), but I could watch these shows all day long and then twice again the next day. I've started building my little DVD collection to go with the book collection - yeah, yeah, yeah, so they stories aren't the same. I know. I like them anyway. ha!
- A good baseball game - although sometimes I find I multi-task more often than not.
- There are currents shows I watch, but honestly nothing I'm in that "tape if I'm going to miss" mode any more. Some used to be that way for me but not any longer.
Four places you have been on vacation:
When I sit back to think on this one, I realize I've been lucky enough to travel a lot of different places that hold special meaning to me. I'll share a few of my most treasured.
- Scotland ~ traveled to visit my husband's family. We were in Ayrshire mostly but also trekked out to Edinburgh, Loch Ness and a few spots in between.
- Tahiti/Bora Bora/Moorea ~ It. Was. Amazing. Perhaps someday I'll scan in a photo or two.
- Bermuda ~ We honeymooned there. I have viles of pink sand scattered about our place.
- Lancaster, PA ~ When I got engaged my mother decided to start a special tradition -a shared event that was just ours. We began a mother-daughter three day weekend. From the 2nd annual trip through the present (roughly 8 trips) we've gone out to Lancaster, PA. We shop. We play bad mini-golf. We eat in places that don't make us do the dishes when we're done and we sleep at a Bed and Breakfast that includes a bed we don't need to make. It's divine. This past year we took Logan to see Thomas the Tank Engine up in the same area. It was his first real 'vacation' and so it further cemented the area's residence in a 'soft' spot of my heart.
Four websites I visit daily:- Lots of Blogs ~ I'm keeping Cath's first notation here. It's not always the same blogs, but I'm likely stopping by to visit at least a blog.
- Google ~ Seriously. I think it's safe to say that my little head gets wrapped around something I end up googling more days than it doesn't. And since I end up doing so more often than not it's set as my homepage.
- Outlook-Web-Access ~ Since I only work two days a week in an office, I tend to check my office email from home more-or-less daily. I don't bother logging into the VPN unless I know I need to download files or get more involved than just a quick glance at my inbox. Instead I go through the company's web-interface for email.
- Yahoo mail ~ I keep a separate email address for the majority of my subscriptions and things like blog comments. I try to get in to check it at least once a day. If nothing a girl has to clean out the spam.
Four of my favorite foods:
- Anything I can put tomato sauce on
- Mom's Vegetable Soup ~ which I attempted on my own this year for the very first time. For some reason I've been incredibly intimidated by what turns out to be a very easy recipe.
- Chocolate ~ It's a weakness.
Four places I would rather be right now:
Well as long as my family was with me, then I'd say any of the places I listed in the vacation listing. Although, right now it's awfully cold and icy around here which means it's likely cold and icy in Lancaster. With that in mind, I'll skip Lancaster at the moment and I'll substitute someplace, like, oh I don't know, whatever does not require me to shovel.
Four bloggers I am tagging:
Actually I'm cheating. I have no idea who is up for playing along right now. Some of the bloggers I'd tip a hat too aren't really in a spot they can take a blogging break to do so. Instead I'll leave it in your hands.
I tag you