1.03.2006

Just hush up

Ignorance itself does not bother me. Let's be honest, all of us have something we're ignorant about. The word simply means uniformed or unaware, lacking knowledge. It's not a bad thing, in and of itself, yet it has a rather bad reputation because of what some people do out of ignorance.

That's the part that bothers me. When people are disrespectful, stupid or just downright cruel because of their ignorance. When the lack of education on a topic leads people to react out of fear. When their uninformed position does not push them forward to learn more but to buy into hateful lies. I get angry when a person judges another despite their own ignorance. I get frustrated when people use their ignorance as an excuse.

There are a few different things that bring this up today but none worth elaborating on. We'll just leave it like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michele sent me today...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with ignorant people :( I have those all the time, unfortunately. People have no right to be mean or cruel just because they fear something they don't understand. Feel better in knowing that you can't change people like that, but you can change the way it makes you feel - in other words, don't let it upset you! You know better than they do.

{BIG HUGS}

Know that I'm thinking about you, and I'm sorry you have had such a bad time .