1.03.2006

Shattered

Well it was a good day.

And then about 10 minutes ago I decided to be a good wife. I had parked the van in the center of our two car garage. It's raining and awful outside. I figured I'd move the van to it's rightful spot making room for my husband's car. He'll be home in about an hour.

The kids were preoccupied with their various activites. It was a safe time. I grabbed my keys, ran down to the basement, into the garage, smacked the wall switch to open the door, climbed in the van. I Started it up. I heard the garage door stop moving. Glanced quickly and saw the outside. Started to back up.

CRASH!

And then the sound of glass shattering into tiny little pieces and tinkling as it hit the pavement of the driveway.

The door hadn't been up all the way. There are a few scenarios I can think of - one invovles the fact that I just didn't look or hear properly. One invovles the fact that the sensors are out of line on occasion and it may have picked up on the van and stopped the door.

Whatever the case, it sucks. I have no back window and and a broken garage door.

Friggin' nice.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sandy, you poor thing! I guess the good news is that no one got hurt (I know that's not what you like to hear when you've just busted your car window and garage door...but...)

I hope you get a good nite's sleep. Things will work out: you can get the items fixed tomorrow, right?

Happy New Year, regardless!!

kontan said...

that sucks! i've decided 2006 is not going to work for me and i would like to boycot. hubby broke both arms Sunday...we're not off to a great start here either. dang the expense! glad no one was hurt for you, hope you can get it fixed w/o too much out of pocket.

thatgirl said...

OMG. I am so sorry!!!

Karen said...

Awwm, maaaaaaaan! That sucks, big time. Hopefully that's the worst that will happen today or the rest of the month. Can you at least get out of making dinner tonight? ;-)

Zee said...

Yikes, Sandy. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Like Karen said, but I hope that's the worst that will happen the rest of the year.

You know, that reminds me. A few years ago, my best friend came for a visit, and for some reason, I needed to leave my house. I backed my car right onto hers in my own driveway...

Melessa Gregg said...

Oh no! Somehow I missed reading this earlier. I'm so sorry. I once backed into my ex-BIL's beloved motorcycle and knocked it under the back of my car. You know, my ex-BIL put in prison for a violent crime. Yeah, that one.
I thought I'd have to dance on the bar to "Tequila" for sure, but he must have been in a good mood that day because he let me live.

Mandy said...

Yikes. Just yikes. Are you able to get help covering either damage or is it even worth it? Sorry, sweetie!