12.03.2004

Migranes, Mood swings, Muscles and Millions

When it comes to the apparent four "M's" of Clomid, Barry Bonds got the better end of the deal. Me, on the other hand, got nothing worthwhile. Yes, both Barry Bonds, baseball's elite homerun hitter, and I both took Clomid.

I, you see, took it in hopes that it'd help me get pregnant. Barry, apparently thinks its a special vitamin to help his flaxseed oil go down better. Clomid gave me horrible migranes, hot flashes, messed up metabolism and wild mood swings. Bonds got bigger muscles, millions of dollars, and his already fairly certain ticket to the Hall of Fame fast tracked.

According to a story in the San Francisco Chronicle today the San Francisco Giant's outfielder and Major League Baseball's single season homerun record holder admitted to unknowingly taking illegal steriods during last year's Grand Jury testimony about BALCO. The article states:

During the three-hour proceeding, two prosecutors presented Bonds with documents that allegedly detailed his use of a long list of drugs: human growth hormone, Depo-Testosterone, undetectable steroids known as "the cream" and "the clear," insulin and Clomid, a drug for female infertility sometimes used to enhance the effect of testosterone.

Yes, see, Barry Bonds took Clomid. Well, yes, and a whole slew of other stuff. I have to say, the man is either the biggest gullible idiot around or he thinks we are. "Bonds testified he had never discussed steroids with his trainer -- not even after federal agents kicked in Anderson's door to serve their search warrant. That was out of respect for Anderson's privacy, Bonds said." says the SF Chronicle article.

Ummm, sure. The cynic in me says Barry quickly adopted a "don't ask don't tell" policy when it came to his supplements. If I don't ask Gary if they're illegal, I can play dumb when asked. He didn't ask Anderson because he didn't want to know - I highly doubt respect had much to do it with. Maybe its me but if someone had been passing me pills and oils suddenly got busted for having illegal pills and oils I think I'd be demanding some answers about what I'd been given. But hey, that's me.

And for what its worth, for those baseball fans amongst you, Barry's records need the *. If Maris' 61 homers needed an asterik merely because he played more games than the Babe, then I think Barry needs one because he had a little extra help in reaching his record.

No comments: