11.03.2005

Tag I'm it

Blonde Girl has gotten brave. She's created her very own meme and she wants me to play along. Ok, I'm game. (Psst, it's the first one I've gotten hit with so how can I refuse.)

Here's how it works: List each hour of the day and then a reason why that hour (anytime in the 60 minute block) is significant. If you want to play long cut and paste the basic template and then fill in your own times. If you do play along just leave a comment here and tell us where to find your list. Want to see more sample time lines? Go to BG's blog - you can sneak a peak at her's and then everyone else she tagged:

12:00 a.m. - When in the midst of sleep deprivation there is little good about middle of the night feedings. When I look back however, sitting in a chair with your child, rocking gently, humming softly, there is something intensely sweet and wonderful about a bleary-eyed stolen moment. Seriously.

1:00 a.m. - Many a relatively recent October I've stumbled into bed at 1am having watched the Yankees in the playoffs. No amount of coffee could help de-fog my head the next day but I never regretted it.

2:00 a.m. - The only college party my roommates and I actually hosted broke up around this time. We were more the "go seek and find a place to hang out" then the "finance the bash" type. We had a few mishaps with blended drinks (note: if you're going to add the kahula to the base mix, please tell everyone else first so we don't over drug our guests.)

3:00 a.m. - On June 30th, 2002 my first of two incredible little blessings entered the world. Not much can top that.

4:00 a.m. - The time my head finally hit the pillow on June 30th 2002 after just few hours of sleep during the last 38 hours.

5:00 a.m. - Megan has a knack of waking between 5 and 6 most mornings lately. Sometimes she drifts back to sleep, sometimes she does not. This morning, amazingly she yelled out once and then snoozed again.

6:00 a.m. - If I'm not too exhausted and a child is not already milling around, I tend to get up sometime during the 6 o'clock hour to have a few minutes for me. Thus this blog entry began sometime then.

7:00 a.m. - Always children up by now. It's our time to play and giggle without the pressures of rushing out the door. Which is why this didn't get posted within the 6 o'clock hour.

8:00 a.m. - It's my rushing hour. I'm flying up the Parkway to the office on Monday or Tuesday. I'm shuttling two kids out the door on Thursday to get Logan to school. I'm chasing at least one kid down with "nice church" clothes on Sunday. I'm attempting to get to Spin class on time on Saturday. I'm convincing a kid that shoes aren't evil on Friday so we can get to a meeting or playgroup. What's with 8am?!

9:00 a.m. - It started to sink in at about this time on my wedding day that I was really going to be married. It wasn't just planning any more. My hair was being curled up and twisted around. My make-up was being applied. It was actually going to happen.

10:00 a.m. - When I was in High School we started our day early. Of my four years there, I had 1st lunch three times. That meant 4th period lunch...which meant we headed to the cafeteria at 10:44am.

11:00 a.m. - Nap time for the little girl. She's migrated to one nap a day and it tends to come sometime during this hour unless she seeks it out sooner. And, being nap time, it is also one-on-one play time for Logan and I.

12:00 p.m. - Just a year ago, on 9/12/04, Megan was born. Somehow it's already hard to remember her being that tiny and helpless.

1:00 p.m. - On May 31, 1997 Bruce and I said "I do." Much picture taking would ensue. At least I think it was around 1pm. Drat, I am so bad at little details like this!

2:00 p.m. - Whether it's a good day or a bad, I tend to find myself looking at the clock sometime around now and think "Wow. It's only 2pm!" Somehow getting up at 6 makes for a long day.

3:00 p.m. - Even without kids in school and without BEING in school, the 3 o'clock hour always reminds me of the end of the school day. Our schools vary their hours here. Elementary starts at 9 and goes to 3-ish. Jr and Sr. High start at some ungodly hour and get out around 2. When I was younger 3 o'clock was always like the second start of a day. Now it means "Time to get in the house or the back yard before that annoying neighbor kid tries to join us out front."

4:00 p.m. - I honestly can't think of anything special about 4pm.

5:00 p.m. - Time to start dinner. At least if I feel energetic and inspiried enough to do so. If it's one of my work days though I'm just leaving the office and headed down the parkway for the 40 minute ride home.

6:00 p.m. - Monday and Tuesday I'm picking up the kids at my parents' house. Wed - Friday Bruce is coming home and we're sitting down to dinner together as a family before sneaking in some more play time.

7:00 p.m. - Bath time! Bed time routines start at our house. Bath. Dress. Stories. Bed. Every night. Same thing.

8:00 p.m. - The kids are in bed. Time to relax - once the dishwasher is unloaded/loaded and other bits of cleaning are taking care of.

9:00 p.m. - BK (before kids) Bruce and I had a New Year's Eve tradition. We'd go out to an early dinner - before the crowds. Then we'd go to the only non-matinee movie we'd see all year. Around this time we'd be leaving the theatre and headed home to munch on finger-picky food and debate whether it was worth staying up to watch the ball drop.

10:00 p.m. - Bed, usually. Unless it's a night I get drawn to the computer (more often than I should based on how much sleep I get lately) or discover something on TV I'd like to watch...or get wrapped tight into a book I can't put down.

11:00 p.m. - If I haven't already, I'm trotting down to bed by 11. Thunking my head down on the pillow and silently sending messages to my children that sleeping to 7am is a grand idea they should try out more often.

And that's 24 hours - spanned through my life. I don't think I'd find 24 people willing to cooperate. I'll just tag the ones I think might induldge me. Come on, you know you want to! And hey, even if I don't mention you, feel free to join in. Leave that comment here that you're doing it. Help Blonde Girl launch a tred!: Melessa, Zee, Cath, OCM, Mandy, Alyssa. I'd list a few others but I'm not sure this is the cup of tea. If I'm wrong, and I think you know who you are, then join in and share your 24!

5 comments:

Spock said...

Hi. Followed you back here from Michele's! I like your blog. I think if I did the MEME it would be very boring as I'm a housecat!!

Zee said...

LOL! I was reading thru your day and thought I'd like to do this one myself... then read you tagged me. So, I'm in. I'll stop by to let you know when it's up. Thanks, Sandy!

Mandy said...

Alright! I got it done. It has been a busy week, but I wanted to make sure I played your game. Thanks for tagging me. It got me thinking about my blog again.

Melessa Gregg said...

I played. It took a few days,, but mine is up now.

Anonymous said...

I've read this three times now and tried to comment. The first time, my daughter needed me and I had to leave the computer. The second time, blogger sat in a frozen haze for a l-o-n-g time until I just gave up and turned it off. So I am back again! Anyway, congratulations!! You are the first one who completed this meme. Thank you for playing along. You must have more sway with your blog friends - more of yours have played along. Then again, mine are used to me posting a meme a week, so they may just be tired of me!

Oh, and I SO agree with 2:00 p.m.!