10.09.2004

Doing the happy dance

I had a friend in High School that had a happy dance. It was pathetic and stupid - but Jeff was enough of a clown that he could get away with it. Today I am adopting his dumb little jig for a few reasons:

1. Today was weigh in - I lost 2.2 pounds this week for a total of 3.8 since I started back at Weight Watchers two weeks ago. This is also a total of 36 pounds since giving birth - although I suppose I need to stop counting the pregnancy weight as a real loss seeing as how it was obviously all baby, placenta and fluids. ;) That's ok, let me live in my little fantasy world. Thanks.

2. We've gotten through two days without major tantrums from Mr. Boy. Granted we had a lot of company the last two days to help amuse him. Again, leave me and my nice world alone.

3. Bathroom #1 is complete - ok, so it was just the tiny shower stall in the master bath and it is missing a soap dish and something novel like a shower head. It should be functional though (with shower head) by Monday afternoon when the contractor returns to demolish the ugly pink bathroom and leave pure wonderful white, updated, fun bathroom in its place.

4. This contractor is also going to demolish part of my kitchen cabinets to make room for my dishwasher! YAY!!!!! For those that don't know, we've been trying to get someone to put in a dishwasher for the last 6 years. Holy crap! Who knew it'd be like pulling teeth to add an appliance where none existed before? This is the first place that has agreed to cut the existing cabinet and create a space for the dishwasher - which by the way, we got for free as a handme down of sorts...brand new, perfect condition handme down.

5. As alluded to in item 3 - ugly pink bathroom will cease to exist after tomorrow. For this I am doing the super-sized happy dance. I H-A-T-E that room. HATE IT! Its bad enough it pink to begin with. What makes it really really hideous is that the pinks don't exactly match. Everything in there is a shade off from everything else. Its like a bad experiment in 1970s decorating.

6. Miss Thing gave us another 5 hour sleep block last night. That's two nights in a row...I do hope it lasts. THis is super duper happy dance worthy!

Of course, I'm still delirous enough to not bother spell checking this entry. :) Just go with it.

3 comments:

Cath said...

Doing the Happy dance for ya here too!

thatgirl said...

Yay for the DISHWASHER! Our dishwasher broke when I was a kid and we never got it fixed. When I finally got an abode with a dishwasher at age 27 I swore to God that I would never live without one again. :)

Mandy said...

YAY for the dishwasher, YAY for the pounds gone, YAY YAY YAY for the happy dance! I am so happy for you all around!