12.01.2006

Shameless Plug

So there's this bloggity friend of mine that had a pretty neat idea. First, let me say, that outside of this pretty neat idea, Nicole of Sitting Still is one of those bloggers that make you thankful you took the time to poke around sites beyond your 'inner circle.' Seriously, if it was possible to hold a coffee and/or drinks mom-a-thon across the world wide web, she's the sort of person I'd want to include. I know we'd have a great time.

So anyway, she has this great idea - a political blog. But not just a political blog, mind you, a political blog centering around the voices of an important voting block: The Soccer Mom. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. That mini-van driving, carpooling, thinking-all-the-same block of voters either side of an election likes to woo. Except we don't all think alike (and some of us don't even have mini-vans.)

This blog, The Soccer Mom Vote, gathers many different voices from this demographic in one place. Each day a different team member waxes poetically (or debates fervently, depending on your view) on the political or social issue of her chosing. And who is that wearing Jersey #2 (and therefore posting on the 2nd of each month)? Why it's me.

First post goes up tomorrow. It's nothing earth shattering. I'm sure neither political party will be quaking in their boots in the aftermath. But it's a start.

If you're blog hopping around, come and say hi. You don't even have to wait until tomorrow. Go say hi to some of the other roster members now. Great stuff showing up there already.

6 comments:

Panthergirl said...

Interesting idea! I wonder if the MILFs will do the same! ;)

Here via michele today.

carmilevy said...

I love the idea. Time to set my browser in a new direction...

Anonymous said...

WOOT! I am so happy you are on board and anxious to read your first contribution. Thanks for the linky love and all of the nice verbage.

Shannon said...

Fantastic! I love to read Moms who actually care about politics. I've added it to my feeds and blogroll.

thatgirl said...

That is a freakin' good idea. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say. Do they need other participants, d'you know? Lord knows I love/hate me some politics. :)

kate said...

Hmm, that looks interesting. I've added it to my Blogroll-- it will be fun to see what people have to say.