5.29.2005

Smiley stuff

Eight years ago today my in-laws started arriving in town. The first batch stayed in the hotel. The second grouping would arrive a day later and squish themselves into Bruce's meager one-bedroom apartment that would become our first home together.They were coming in for something that still makes me smile this many years later. On May 31st we'll celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. It didn't occur to me how long we'd been together until my birthday. Someone at the office asked me how old I was. When I told him I was 32 it suddenly sunk in that I had met Bruce just prior to my 22nd birthday and began dating him a few months later. 10 years is a long time and yet hardly any time at all.

--

I thanked Logan for something he had done yesterday. He placed his hand on my arm and waited until I turned to look at him. Then he said "Sure thing Mom. Its my pleasure."

I guess modeling good manners is paying off.

--

Meg woke up early this morning. She and I wound up falling back to sleep in the recliner. She awoke a few hours later, grabbed hold of my face and planted a big, sloppy, wet, open mouthed baby kiss on my face - repeatedly.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Happy Anniversary! I am always a little surprised when I remember how long I have known Gabe as well.