2.23.2006

Ha! You make me laugh

I went to the doctor yesterday. She listened. She poked. She did that concerned gaze at me and said "Hmmm." She informed me that I have an acute upper respiratory infection - not too far off from bronchitis.

"Should I write you a note?" she asked. Seeing my confused expression she elaborated, "Do you need something from me for work? You really ought to do nothing more than rest and lay around be lazy for the balance of this week."

I laughed. She looked confused.

"I really don't think the three year old and one year old will care much what your note says. You can try though."

She seemed defeated. Not sure she quite appreciates my humor.

5 comments:

the Intuitive Woman said...

Good post. Made me laugh! The Doc obviously doesn't have kids, eh?!

Here from Michele's, all the best...

Cath said...

Would be great if they could prescribe someone to look after the kids wouldn't it!
Hope you feel better soon hun

carmilevy said...

If only parenthood came with days off. I laughed out loud when I read this.

I hope you're feeling better soon. Emerging spring is no time to feel icky. And I DO hope you bring that digital camera home soon. I want to see more of your vision.

kontan said...

now cath has a great idea!

kate said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better by now. I had one of those moments yesterday-- while Pedro was at school I spent the balance of the day huddled on the couch with a pounding headache, nausea, and body aches. Elias cooperated by watching videos, poor guy. Anyway, I hope you got as much rest as possible under the circumstances!