6.25.2004

Next time just smack me. . .

Today we have learned an important lesson. Ready? Here goes - I do not have the patience required to make little decorative chocolate lollipops that require a great amount of detail - like tiny little (yes TINY) smiles and and eyes on Bob the Builder and his buds. What the hell was I thinking?! Instead of nicely decorated little lollipops like the box shows, we now have 8 pops that are essentially just masses of solid color in the shape of Bob and a few buds. In my frustration and fear that the blue, yellow and white chocolate blobs were setting I also failed to remember to gently smack (or was it tap - whatever) the tray on the counter to rid my delicately decorated pops of air bubbles. I did this step after I had placed the sticks in and noticed a few bubbles on the "good" side of each pop. So to make up for the sunken dents over each stick I globbed on more chocolate. . .and then decided to just screw evening the stupid things out on the back so now we'll have the most ineptly created Bob the Builder Lollipops ever. At least its just for 5 kidlets (ages 2 - 5) who will only wonder why Bob is showing up at a Thomas the Train birthday party. This is what I get for taking Gram to the craft store and letting her show me stuff on clearance while she says "Oh, this would be neat to try."

On the plus side, my train shaped cake actually does look like a train - God bless shaped pans. Now if only my decorating the cake goes more smoothly than my chocolate adventure. (ok, but really, they expected me to do real tiny detail with a freakin' water color brush. Give me a break!)

No comments: